Doxycycline: Main Information
What is Doxycycline? What is Doxycycline hyclate? These questions are asked by patients who have faced pneumonia or illnesses of the urogenital tract. Doxycycline can be considered to most wide-spread antibiotics that are sold in modern drugstores. A popular remedy Tetracycline is a natural substance produced by a peculiar fungus species. However, it is necessary to use chemical stuffs to produce Doxycycline – a form of synthesized Tetracycline.
9 Most Dangerous Microbes that Are Defeated by Doxycycline
- Dysentery bacillus;
- Treponema pallidum (causes gonorrhea);
- Gonococcus (cause syphilis);
- Rickettsia (a pathogen of typhus);
- Mycoplasma(causes respiratory and inflammatory diseases);
- Chlamydia (cause chlamidiosis).
What Diseases Does it Combat?
Antibiotic Doxycycline is prescribed to patients who suffer from:
- rheumatism, sore throat, scarlet fever, erysipelas;
- pneumonia, bronchitis, pleurisy;
- urinary tract infections, abrasions, otitis media, infection of the gastrointestinal tract;
- whooping cough, anthrax, plague, cholera;
- chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhea, etc.
If you take Doxycycline, acne or other face skin problems will disappear. Cosmetologists recommend this antibiotic to be used by people with bad skin.
Generic Form or the Original Brand?
Today, it is not hard to find generic Doxycycline on special sites selling medications. People often ask whether it safe is and how they should behave before buying Doxycycline generic. First of all, it is necessary to get a doctor’s prescription to assure that a person can start the treatment with this remedy. Side effects, overdose, allergic reactions and other unpleasant effects can be a result of ignorance. Avoid them by taking first steps in a doctor’s cabinet. You can be sure that online drugstores sell licensed Doxycycline hyclate and all other forms of this remedy if you ask them to show you the documents proving their legal trade.
How to Use Doxycycline? 3 Significant Aspects to Be Born in Mind
Doxycycline use and Doxycycline hyclat use should be consulted with a specialist. There are 3 important things to remember: contradictions, main diseases that are treated with this medicine and therapy nuances like foods and drugs compatibility with Doxycycline. If a patient disregards them, he will face serious health problems.
8 Main Contradictions
- Pregnancy. Use of the drug by pregnant women is allowed only when it is completely safe both for mother and a child and the use of safer alternative drug is impossible or contraindicated. Doxycycline gets into the placenta and may have toxic and mutagenic effects on the fetus. All tetracyclines have an affinity for the young, rapidly developing tissues. Therefore, it may have a bad influence on the fetus.
- Lactation. Doxycycline penetrates into the breast milk, so it is not recommended to prescribe it to lactating women.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Hypersensitivity to doxycycline, other components of the drug or other types of Tetracycline.
- Severe hepatic and renal failure.
- Children below 8 years old. It doesn’t mean that Doxycycline is of toxic nature. The thing is that this medication like most other antibiotics accumulates in bones during tooth formation and it can lead to permanent discoloration of the teeth.
What is Doxycycline is Used for?
This antibiotic is widely used in modern medicine as it has a broad spectrum of action. Doxycycline for malaria is given to people living in hazardous areas like Africa. Doxycycline against acne is prescribed to patients with serious skin problems. Doxycycline as a remedy for sinus infection has a good effect and a patient can count on the quick recovery. Another important advantage of this antibiotic is that it is available in most drugstores and doesn’t cost much. The question “What is doxycycline used to treat?” hasn’t a single answer. It helps to cope with hundreds of dangerous infectious illnesses like syphilis, pneumonia, plague, cholera, etc.
3 More Important Facts to Know about Doxycycline Use
- Patients with liver problems and patients taking other hepatotoxic medications should be much cautious when using Doxycycline as it may cause liver failures.
- Dairy products and foods containing metal ions can reduce the absorption of Doxycycline from the digestive tract.
- During treatment with Doxycycline there may occur intense development of resistant organisms, for example, Candida. If it happens, Doxycycline should be abolished and another treatment will be prescribed.
Doxycycline Dosage: 5 Major Rules
Doxycycline is commonly available at a dose of 100 mg. It is produced in the form of capsules and powder used to prepare a solution for intravenous administration. The remedy is taken after meals with plenty of water. Avoid eating dairy products as Doxycycline like other tetracycline forms insoluble calcium salts.
How much is it and is it enough for one intake? A patient should know the main instructions on the intake to make the therapy effective. The duration of the therapy is determined by a specialist. There are certain schemes for correct treatment of different diseases. Doxycycline hyclate 100 mg is used for skin problems. The dosage should also be discussed with a specialist.
- The maximum adult dose for oral intake is 300 mg a day or 600 mg a day depending on the etiology of the agent.
- There may be allergic reactions like dermatitis, angioedema, anaphylactic shock. In case of such unwanted symptoms, a patient should stop taking the remedy and start symptomatic treatment.
- A common daily dose of Doxycycline is 100 mg. A patient may be prescribed to take 200 mg of the medication on the first day of treatment.
- In case of extremely severe conditions or negative reactions on the part of the gastrointestinal tract doxycycline is injected intravenously. The dose may be enlarged from 100 mg to 200 mg per day.
- Doxycycline dosage depends on the illness and its severity. Several examples to confer:
- Gonorrhea – duration of treatment is 1 day. 600 mg of Doxycycline is taken twice a day with an interval of 1 hour. If the therapy lasts for a week, a patient takes 200 mg Doxycycline per day in two separate doses.
- Syphilis. It is caused by Treponema pallidum. Early syphilis is treated with a daily dose of 100 mg Doxycycline taken 2 times a day during a fortnight. The course of late syphilis treatment lasts for 4 weeks.
- Infections of the genitourinary system caused by Chlamydia trochomatis and Ureoplasma urealitycum – duration of treatment is from 7 to 10 days. A daily Doxycycline dose is 100 mg taken twice a day.
- Malaria prevention – 100 mg of Doxycycline taken once a day. If you are going to visit an African country, you should take the drug 1-2 days before travelling and continue doing this for 4 weeks after returning. It doesn’t mean that all African countries are of a high risk, but learn the info about malaria situation in the country you are going to visit.
A long-lasting therapy may lead to appearance of digestive candidiasis. In this case Doxycycline is prescribed to be taken altogether with Nystarin.
Before buying Doxycycline hyc 100mg or Doxycycline 100 mg visit a doctor to get a prescription and make sure about the safety of your therapy.
12 Main Possible Side Effects of Doxycycline
Doxycycline like any other medications may cause serious side effects especially if taken incorrectly and without doctor’s observation. Before starting treatment with this remedy consult a specialist to make sure that your therapy will be safe and effective. Your physician will inform you about all common side effects of Doxycycline. If you don’t remember them, this article will supply you with necessary information in a laconic and simple mode.
- Appetite loss;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Headaches and dizziness;
- Allergic reactions (itching, angioedema, drug lupus erythematosus, skin flushing, anaphylactoid reactions);
- Constipation or diarrhea;
- Genital inflammations (vaginitis, proctitis);
- Tooth enamel color change;
- Hemolytic anemia and other hematopoiesis violations;
- Toxic effects on the central nervous system
The most important thing is not to panic if you suspect the appearance of Doxycycline side effects. Call the emergency immediately if you are getting worse and cannot cope with the problem by yourself.
Doxycycline hyclate side effects are also written in the instruction. Therefore, never throw away the pack of the remedy until you use it all.
5 Things to Remember about Doxycycline for Dogs
Doxycycline for dogs is a popular antibiotic killing bacterial infections of different types that are met in pets. Dogs suffering from Lyme disease and Chlamydia are prescribed this remedy. What should a dog-owner know before giving this medication to their dogs?
5 Important Things about Doxycycline
- Remember about the dose. Never change doxycycline dosage for dogs without doctor’s consultation. If you see that the remedy doesn’t help, call a specialist. The correct dosage is the right way to prevent relapse and drug resistance.
- Choose the most suitable form. You should know that this medication is available in different forms: capsules, liquid, pills and solution for injections. It is important to buy the one that your dog will be able to swallow easily.
- Doxycycline side effects in dogs. Bear in mind possible side effects that are written on label instructions. A vet has to tell you about symptoms that need medical attention. So, they can be appetite loss, lesions, jaundice, hair loss and mental confusion.
- Precautions. This remedy has some precautions. If you want to give Doxycycline to your dog, make sure that it isn’t pregnant, lactating, allergic, suffering from kidney failure or taking other medicine that shouldn’t be used with Doxycycline.
- Make sure about recovery. When the symptoms subside, stop giving the medicine to your dog and take it to a vet to make sure that the therapy has been successful and is already over.
Buy Doxycycline without Prescription Online and Get 7 Benefits!
Doxycycline is an antibiotic of the tetracycline group that is used for different bacterial infections combatting. The most widespread diseases are successfully treated with the help of this remedy: chlamydia, pneumonia, acne, urinary tract infections, gonorrhea and syphilis. The list is impressive. Patients who take care of their health and want to recover as quickly as possible are under doctor’s supervision. They avoid self-treatment and medications that are not prescribed by their physician.
You can buy Doxycycline without prescription online but don’t do it if:
- you haven’t done it before;
- your state has got worse and you may have complications;
- you are not sure about your diagnosis.
So, you should start with visiting a doctor to get Doxycycline prescription to make sure it will not do harm to your health. Be serious as it concerns your life. The therapy may lead both to recovery and lethal effect.
When you know that you need the antibiotic, you can order Doxycycline online and get 7 benefits from your purchase. So, you:
- Save money. It is much cheaper than at common drugstores.
- Get bonuses and discounts. You will get attractive discounts if you order medications wholesale.
- Make orders any time a day. If you are a busy person, it doesn’t matter. You can order what you want even at night!
- Don’t have to go somewhere. The parcel will be delivered right to your doorstep.
- Need no prescription for Doxycycline.
- Get all the necessary medical information.
- Do it privately.
You will get your parcel within several days or weeks depending on the city you live in. You can always contact specialists on the site where you have ordered medications.
Of course, buying Doxycycline online is simple and convenient but you shouldn’t rely on online service only. People working on the site don’t know your health condition, your analyses results and illnesses that may complicate the therapy. Therefore, the best way is to buy Doxycycline on special sites under doctor’s supervision only. Visit your specialist as often as it is needed to check your blood and urine composition. Bear in mind the fact that Doxycycline is an antibiotic. So, you shouldn’t take it more than 2 weeks as it oppresses the digestive system and may cause disbacteriosis. You should take vitamins and minerals to balance your stomach microbial population.
So, you can buy Doxycycline and need no prescription. All you need is to be completely sure that this medicine will not aggravate your condition.